Sunday, November 16, 2008

Music to Run by...

I REALLY hope that this post ends up with LOTS of comments! Please... don't be shy, give up your tunes for the good of us all!!!!

Something that keeps me going is the joy of music. I mentioned earlier how I had all my pals send me song choices for my Marathon Playlist... and wow... do I have a 5 1/2 hour playlist of GREAT TUNES!!!! Some are start you up tunes, some are tunes for that long stretch from Mile 14 to Mile 20... the keep you in the groove and moving forward tunes. Some are the fire you up and kick it into gear final mile tunes.

So my question to all of you... What are your favorite Running Songs on your iPod?! Please share!

Here are a couple that if you don't have them already - go shop at iTunes and get em! They are my #1's!

Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
American Girl - Tom Petty
Lose Yourself - Eminem
What a Wonderful World - Joey Ramone
Here I Go Again on my Own - Whitesnake
Walkin on Sunshine - Aj & Aly
Run Around - Blues Traveler

Ok, so this is just a little sample of the eclectic tunes on my pod. So please, post yours! Let's get the best running music out there to help us all keep us going those miles we need to burn!

And if you want more... holler! I have 104 songs that all have some connection to running on a single playlist and I am ready to add some more.

I want to hear what keeps you going... Please Share!

4 comments:

CJ Miller said...

Songs for a Sunrise Run:

Here comes the Sun - Beatles

Morning has Broken - Cat Stevens

Pat said...

I have everything from Kenny Rogers to U2 to Train and even The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

One of my favorites - I Ran by Flock of Seagulls.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to admit, I avoid running with running clubs just so I can listen to music and zone out on the long runs. I've got everything o the ipod. I actually name play list by upcoming races or length of run (ex, CIM relay, 1 hr run, 2 hr run etc).

A few of my recent favoites are:
Stonger Kayne West
First Time- Lifehouse
King w/o a crwon- Matisyahu
Palo Nutini-New SHoes
Rolling Stones-any
The Thrill is Gone-BB king
Ranconteurs-Steady as she goes
Eye of the Tiger-Yes, from Rocky
Britney's new album-GASP-yes I own it
Jack Johsnon
Dave Matthews
and lots of Reggae!

CJ Miller said...

OK, here are some different Running Songs!

Mr Blue Sky - ELO
Diamonds on the soles of her shoes - Paul Simon
Do you Believe in Magic? - Lovin Spoonful
Midnight Flyer - Eagles
Beautiful Day - U2
Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
Camptown Races - The Duhks
Long may you Run - Neil Young
Cielito Lindo - Chingon