Friday, November 7, 2008

MASSAGE!!!!

I have been a little gimpy since the 18 I did on Sunday. Long runs can do that to you. Joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles are all worked beyond capacity in long runs and they become sore as they try to recover.

I remember last year when I was in my long runs and my favorite e-Trainer and Power Lifter pal said to me, "you are getting regular massages, right?" NO...! I wasn't!!!! I did get one a few days after the marathon, but vowed to use them regularly during this year's training. So... have I? No...! Until yesterday!

Finally scheduled a massage and it was so awesome, I scheduled out after each of my long runs every two weeks. I got the best masseuse! Oh my gosh, she stretched my legs and hip joints out and wow. I felt so much better!

So here's to massages - they are an integral part of serious athlete's training. And because we run... we should indulge! And special thanks to GDC for reminding me how important a sports massage is!

No comments: