Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello New Shoes and Bye-Bye Blues...!


"...Hey, I put my New Shoes on and suddenly everything's all right..."

Do you know this song...?!  It's a great song!  By Paolo Nutini - New Shoes on the These Streets album.  It's a great song and it was given to me courtesy of Eric B - (one of those hot guys I work with - 1st on the left in the skiboat pic!)

When I finally got to the time to run the big race last year, I had this stroke of genius.  I asked all my pals to give me a song that they thought would be a good song to keep me running when times got tough.  I got songs from all over the country!  I put each of them on my iPod and ended up with a 5 1/2 hour Playlist of the greatest songs; old, current, rock, country, pop... even a little rap!  While I was running and each song came up, it was like whomever sent it to me was right there with me saying,  "keep it up Ceej!".  Definite genius on my part.

Anyway,  back to shoes - I fell in love with Pearl Izumi running shoes last year.  They fit my feet like a glove and come in such pretty colors, you can't help but want to lace them up and go for a run in them.  They say ANY running shoe should be retired after you have clocked 500 miles on them.  Even though they may still look in good shape, the sole loses its umpf and its support. My Pearl Shine's were done so I went online to order another pair and come to find out, Pearl Izumi has retired the Shine!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  So I called their 888 number and a really great guy there steered me into the Float II.  They arrived yesterday and this morning I got to lace 'em up (they feel just as good as the Shine's) and take 'em for a spin.  Me and my new shoes went 4 miles this morning and I was tickled to click over to Eric's song and feel the joy of my new shoes!  (and ok, I admit, I sang a little bit, right out loud - while I was running!)

"...And suddenly everything was all right!!!! "

Thanks again for the song recommendation Eric - I still get a big smile and think of you every time that song plays....!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ceej-
Loving your blog! Your words are very encouraging and inspiring. I'm into week two of my training and still having my doubts whether I will be able to do this. Thanks for all of your help! I'll keep on truckin' for now.
Pam S.

CJ Miller said...

Check out Pam! She left us a comment! Just so you guys know, Pam lives in Memphis! She is married to my boss and has TEENAGERS!!!! This is her first time running and she is going through the tough part when you first start. So let's all send Pam some good energy to help her through! Hang in there Pam, it gets better!!!! : ) CJ